First of all, Shawn is an awesome guy, great listener and patient with questions he's surely heard 1000 times. My parts were of good quality and came well-packaged.
I purchased an e-brake rear disc conversion for a semi float 14 bolt in a GMT400 K2500. Stopping is much improved and the pedal feel is awesome. The e-brake probably works well enough to pass Texas inspection, but it'll never be confused with one on a new truck.
Although it's obvious now, I didn't realize how much disassembly there'd be for this install. Now that it's put together, I'm happy with the outcome, but I probably spent close to 8+ hours doing this. Better directions/videos would have sped it up considerably. I could probably now do it in 4, maybe 3 with a lift. If this is your daily driver and your first time installing, just prepare for it to be out of commission until you get it figured out.
1.) The rear end gets drained, the cover comes off and the axles come out on this install, and any time you want to replace or turn these rotors as they press in behind the axle flanges using the lug bolts, which massively complicates a future brake job. Shawn supplies new axle seals, but not a differential gasket.
2.) The factory parking brake cables mount at the bottom of the backing plate, making them a bit short for the calipers. Shawn's mounts provide a lot of flexibility. I ended up mounting my calipers at the back of the rotors below 90 degrees, which looks a little funny, but allows the factory parking cables to barely reach the mounts and work, while just allowing me to bleed the brakes. I may purchase a parking brake cable at some point to tidy this up.
3.) You can probably bend and flare your steel brake lines, but for the money, just go buy copper lines (and a tubing cutter and flare tool if you don't have them) and bend your own.
4.) My wheels were going to move inwards about 1/2" on each side since the drums would no longer be there. The website said to "grind down" the raised part of my axle flange so they'd fit flush. Sorry, but that's butchery and a terrible idea. You'll have to buy spacers. Instead of grinding down perfectly good factory parts, I took my angle grinder to the drums and patiently cut the faces out of them to use as spacers, which made big mess, but worked great.
To summarize, great parts and support. Lugnut needs a youtube channel with various Dana and 14 bolt installs so that amateur wrenchers like myself can quickly access information rather than via e-mail exchanges. This is definitely more than a brake job, so plan accordingly.